SaaS content marketing strategy differs a little from a usual retail marketing strategy. The reason lies in the focus of an ordinary marketing funnel and a SaaS one. Conversion of a new buyer is the main goal in traditional marketing, while the same event is only a start of a long-lasting retention stage for SaaS businesses. SaaS marketing strategy is more about driving product awareness to get users to try it and stick with it.
Referring to the steps of strategy development, they are the same as for any content marketing strategy:
1. Develop buyer persona
2. Run competitor analysis
3. General strategy defining
4. Define KPIs
5. Define and approve the budget
6. Choose distribution channels and marketing tactics
7. Hold keyword research and prepare a content plan for several months
Two tips that can help you to reach desired results:
- The best content format that attracts leads is list articles. Some examples of titles are: “Best X software”, “[Industry] software”, “[Competitor] alternatives”.
- The best content type to boost user retention is directly related to addressing the client's pay points. Titles for this type of content are: “How to [do something]”, “How to [do something] in [the platform’s name]”.
We, at SumatoSoft, can help you to create a comprehensive marketing strategy. Contact us
to get a free quote.