Scalex: custom ERP system for Toyota car dealer
Scalex is a custom ERP system development for the Business Car Group, one of the largest Toyota and Lexus car dealer.
The project purpose was to replace existing systems automating key business processes for trade and technical centers, including gross and retail sales of cars, spare parts and accessories, warehousing Inventories and the car’s service maintenance with a solution that, as a minimum, replaces existing functionality. The old IT solutions did not meet the modern business requirements of the company, represented uncoordinated tech platforms requiring costly maintenance and support.
As some part of the car-dealer’s business had been automated, there was a need to integrate new solutions with the working ones and eventually replace them with new functionality.
The main aims of the new system development
- To optimize business processes and infrastructure of the company.
- To support the Toyota Service Marketing (TSM) methodology.
- To decrease costs and time spent on the system modifications.
- To maintain offices work within a global information structure.
To hasten the system development and implementation and to reduce the time between first release and receiving feedback from users, we chose Ruby On Rails and the Scrum methodology to follow.
To automate the work with Clients, we developed the most popular module – CRM. The module includes virtual desktops for each employee role interacting with the dealer’s Clients. The desktop includes a set of tasks concerning customer support.
CRM module features:
- “Service”, “Spares”, and “Accounting” modules for services and documents circulation automation;
- navigation without browser pages reload;
- flexible security system, which allows adding and editing access rights of the users;
- interface for the interaction with the previous systems used by the customer.
CRM module has been successfully developed and implemented in 20 centers around the country.
Business benefits gained:
- automated car sales and service;
- reduced operating costs for maintenance of IT infrastructure;
- accelerated sales cycle;
- improved customer retention rates.