How IT Services for Business Increase Efficacy: 16 Types of IT Services
Managing a business nowadays without IT services is nearly impossible. 92% of G2000 companies use IT services, with software development services as one of the most popular ones. Still, IT services aren’t limited by software development.
The IT industry comes up with new IT services for businesses each year to accommodate companies of all kinds. The sector of IT services is expected to grow to a value of $1,070.28 billion by 2025 as more companies incorporate such services into their activity.
But what type of IT service would be suitable for your business? We will discuss the main IT services for business that you can find on the market and why you might need them!
What are IT services?
IT services include all types of technology that support a business’s activity, as well as the IT specialists that provide them. These services assist different departments of a company in creating, organizing, optimizing, communicating or managing information. Using IT services from other companies is called “outsourcing”. We have made several overviews of the outsourcing market and rate. Feel free to read them if you are interested:
The electronic tools your office employs every day are provided and maintained with the aid of IT services. For example, in the medical industry, a hospital’s IT team might offer services that keep hospital databases functional and simple for personnel to utilize. IT services for small businesses may include network security for online transactions and online storage accounts for company data.
Why should you use IT services for business?
Each business is different, and so are its needs. But there is at least one IT service for every type of company. You can use IT services tools to improve the activity of your company but also the way your entire IT network is functioning.
- Data management and analytics. Managing, storing, and analyzing your company’s data properly will help you create accurate reports and predictions regarding the activity of your business.
- Anti-virus and anti-hacking protection. The security of your company’s data should be your top priority. IT services for business offer you protection against viruses and hackers.
- Better monitoring. Rather than monitoring tasks and the well-functioning of your business’s network, you can use an IT tool to monitor it.
- HR management. You can track the records of your current employees and hire new ones based on strict criteria using IT tools.
- Better customer support. Use IT services for businesses to offer your customers 24/7 support online.
Top 16 IT Services
We want to highlight that this top isn’t about listing services from the best one to the worst one. All these services are equivalent. Here are the criteria we use to describe these services:
- Key features – bullet points with key characteristics of the service.
- How it helps – benefits and competitive advantage your business get referring to this IT service.
- Service type – some services go as an access to the platform for a monthly fee. Some services refer to the purchase of time from experts, like IT consulting. So, the service type is an abstract category of what you get from this service.
- Types of business – what companies can benefit from referring to this service: startup, medium, or large businesses.
- Pricing – how often you should pay for this service. Monthly or yearly pricing models are prevalent, but there are some services with flexible pricing options, free of charge, or pay-as-you-go pricing.
IT services for business can be cloud services on a subscription basis, services provided by IT specialists, cloud software services, or a product. All these services address all types of businesses, from start-ups and small companies to medium and large enterprises. The ongoing IT services come at monthly or yearly pricing, while the one-time services will have a fixed price.
1. Software Development
Software development is a multifaceted IT service that involves the conception, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software. From custom applications to enterprise software solutions, it is instrumental in digitizing operations, optimizing workflows, and delivering innovative customer experiences.
- Customization: tailor-made software solutions designed to meet specific business needs.
- Integration: the software can be developed to integrate seamlessly with existing systems, improving workflow and productivity.
- Maintenance and support: ongoing software support to ensure smooth operations and to tackle any potential issues promptly.
How it helps: It enables process automation, enhanced data analysis, and improved customer interactions. It helps new businesses to launch their products while helping established companies diversify their businesses and upgrade their existing systems. With custom software, businesses can stay ahead of competitors by providing unique services or improving their internal operations.
Service type: project-based software development (usually)
Types of businesses: Bbusinesses of all sizes and from various sectors can benefit from software development services.
Pricing: the pricing for software development services is typically project-based while the total cost will depend on the complexity of the project.
2. IT Consulting
IT Consulting services act as a bridge between the technological sphere and the business world. Businesses, irrespective of their size or industry, often require expert assistance to align their technological objectives with their overall business goals. The dynamic landscape of technology and its vast influence across various sectors requires a strategic approach, which is precisely where IT consulting steps in. These experts assist with strategic planning, effective technology implementation, digital transformation, and much more, providing a clear path to long-term success.
- Expert advice: consultants provide expertise on leveraging technology to meet business objectives.
- Strategy development: assistance in formulating IT strategies that align technology use with business goals.
- Technology implementation: guidance provided for effectively deploying and adopting new technologies.
How it helps: IT Consulting services streamline the process of technology adaptation, enhancing operational efficiency. They also help in seamless integration of new technologies with minimal risk.
Service type: Time-based consulting services.
Types of business: Beneficial for all businesses looking to optimize their use of technology.
Pricing: Billing is usually based on the number of hours spent by the expert providing consultation.
3. Data Backup IT Services
Data Backup IT Services serve as a safety net for businesses by creating copies of vital information. In the event of a data loss incident, these additional copies can be utilized to restore the original data. This service is a cornerstone for business continuity and effective disaster recovery.
- Automated backup: services often include automatic backup functions, negating the need for manual intervention.
- Variety of backup options: services provide various backup options like online and offline backups to cater to diverse business needs.
- Data recovery: if data loss occurs, the service helps to retrieve and restore the information from the backup copies.
How it helps: This service provides a security net against data loss, bolstering the reliability and continuity of business operations.
Service type: Subscription-based or on-demand service.
Types of business: Indispensable for any business that depends on data for its operations, which includes nearly all modern businesses.
Pricing: Services are typically offered on a subscription basis with options for monthly or annual payments.
4. SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is a software delivery model where a provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet. There are numerous advantages of SaaS solutions: users don’t need to manage, install, or upgrade software; SaaS providers manage this. SaaS solutions are widely used across numerous business applications, including SaaS customer relationship management (CRM), human resources (HR) management, billing, etc. SaaS solutions exist for any industry niche, and companies worldwide spent $167 billion in 2022
- Access from any device: as long as there’s an internet connection, users can access SaaS applications from anywhere.
- Automatic updates: service providers handle software updates and upgrades, reducing the burden on internal IT staff.
- Scalability: SaaS allows businesses to scale up or down according to their needs with flexible subscription options.
How it helps: SaaS offers convenience and flexibility by providing access to sophisticated software without the need for in-house IT management, thus reducing operational overheads.
Service type: Subscription-based service.
Types of business: Suitable for all sizes of businesses that require software applications but prefer not to manage them in-house.
Pricing: Generally offered as a subscription-based pricing model with monthly or annual payments.
5. Cybersecurity Services
Cybersecurity Services provide comprehensive security measures to protect businesses’ digital data from cyber threats such as viruses, malware, ransomware, and phishing attacks. In this digital age, securing sensitive information is paramount to maintaining business integrity and trustworthiness.
- Threat detection and response: services include proactive detection of potential threats and rapid response to security incidents.
- Risk assessment: regular audits of IT infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities and suggest improvements.
- Security training: some services also offer training to staff to identify potential security threats and follow best practices.
How it helps: Cybersecurity services protect sensitive business data from cyber threats, reducing the risk of costly data breaches and maintaining customer trust.
Service type: Subscription-based or on-demand service.
Types of business: Essential for any business that deals with sensitive data, regardless of size or industry.
Pricing: Often provided as a subscription service, with fees charged monthly or annually.
6. Firewall Services
Firewall services act as the first line of defense in network security by controlling incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. They prevent unauthorized access, effectively shielding the internal network and sensitive business data from potential threats.
- Intrusion prevention: firewalls monitor and block potentially harmful traffic based on security rules.
- Traffic management: control over the data that can enter or leave the network.
- VPN support: many firewalls support Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for secure remote access.
How it helps: Firewall services enhance network security by preventing unauthorized access and harmful traffic, protecting sensitive business data.
Service type: Hardware or software-based service often offered on a subscription basis.
Types of business: Useful for businesses of all sizes to ensure network security.
Pricing: Typically offered as a subscription service, with monthly or annual payments based on the level of protection needed.
7. Communication Services
Communication Services enable businesses to connect and share information with their team members, stakeholders, and customers through various channels like email, video conferencing, instant messaging, and more. The aim is to streamline communication processes and ensure smooth, efficient exchanges of information.
- Multiple communication channels: services include different communication tools such as email, chat, video conferencing, and more.
- Integration capabilities: many communication platforms can be integrated with other software used by the business.
- Security features: encryption and other security measures ensure that business communication is kept confidential.
How it helps: Communication services streamline business communication, enhancing collaboration and efficiency while ensuring information security.
Service type: Typically provided as a platform with a subscription model.
Types of business: Beneficial for any business size to ensure smooth and efficient communication.
Pricing: Most services use a subscription model, often with tiered pricing based on the features needed.
8. Mobile Device Management
Mobile Device Management (MDM) services are more important now with the rise of smartphones and other mobile devices that employees bring to work. Employees using their personal devices for work can jeopardize sensitive data if there is no BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) system implemented. A Symantec study shows that one in 36 devices in a company is high-risk due to malware software installed on it or devices that were jailbroken and rooted.
- Improved security for mobile devices.
- Detection of compromised mobile devices.
- Monitoring devices that use the business’s Internet and data.
- BYOD support.
How it helps: MDM services allow you to implement a BYOD strategy that protects both the company’s data and the employees’ privacy. Through MDM services, the company can regulate the security policies enforced on the devices of the employees.
Service type: Typically provided as a cloud-based platform with a subscription model.
Types of business: Particularly useful for businesses that use or allow the use of mobile devices for work purposes.
Pricing: Subscription model, often tiered based on the number of devices managed.
9. Technology Training
Technology training is more important nowadays than ever before as the devices change yearly and so does the software used on them. Your team has to know how to make the most of the technology they use to increase not only the efficiency of their work but also their results.
- Presentation of the devices and software used in the company
- Training the employees to use technology
- Preparing the employees for potential technological challenges and how to overcome them
How it helps: Trains your team to make the most out of the technology they have at hand and use it for the ultimate benefit of the company. Also helps with finding the right solutions to the technological problems that might arise.
Service type: Service often offered on a per-training or subscription basis.
Types of business: Beneficial for businesses of all sizes to ensure effective use of technology.
Pricing: Pricing can be per training session or a subscription for continuous access to training resources.
10. Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence (BI) services help businesses convert raw data into meaningful information. This service is performed by a digital business analyst, a relatively new role on the market. These services offer tools for data collection, analysis, reporting, and visualization, helping businesses make informed decisions based on data-driven insights.
- Data collection and integration: BI tools can collect data from various sources and integrate it for analysis.
- Data analysis and reporting: sophisticated tools for examining data and generating detailed reports.
- Data visualization: services often provide tools for creating charts, graphs, and other visual representations of data.
How it helps: BI services enhance decision-making by providing businesses with data-driven insights.
Service type: Usually offered as a platform with a subscription model.
Types of business: Suitable for businesses of any size looking to leverage data for decision-making.
Pricing: Typically offered as a subscription service, with pricing based on the level of features required.
11. Monitoring Services
Monitoring services cover the servers, traffic, security, communication, and other aspects related to a company’s internal network. Monitoring IT services for business support and watching all the activities of a network. They signal any potential issues that need to be addressed and alerts regarding the maintenance of the IT system. The tools used for IT monitoring range from simple inspections to more complex ones that may analyze the product’s performance in detail.
- Intelligent alerts and notifications
- Auto device discovery
- Issue identification
- Root cause analysis
How it helps: It allows businesses to rely on a network that functions appropriately and stay on top of potential issues.
Service type: Usually offered as a cloud-based platform with a subscription model.
Types of business: Suitable for any business with an IT infrastructure that needs monitoring, regardless of its size.
Pricing: Generally offered as a subscription service, with cost depending on the level of monitoring required.
12. VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)
VoIP services provide businesses with phone communication over the internet. VoIP enables you to place calls from a computer, a dedicated VoIP phone, or a regular phone connected to an adaptor. Additionally, wireless “hot spots” in public spaces like parks, airports, and cafes let you connect to the Internet and potentially use VoIP services wirelessly. So, you will not have to depend on the phone line to get in touch with important contacts as you will be able to do so by simply using an internet connection. And if you choose to rely on VoIP completely for your calls, your company won’t need to spend its budget on phone line subscriptions.
- Call management
- Automatic attendant
- Call analytics
- Business text messaging
- Call recording
- Call rating
- Voicemail services
How it helps: Calls, both internally and externally, can be managed without a phone line or the need to be at a fixed location. Employees can make calls from anywhere, as long as they use a device that is VoIP optimized.
Service type: Typically provided as a cloud-based service with a subscription model.
Types of business: Suitable for businesses of any size that want a flexible and cost-effective communication solution.
Pricing: Often provided on a subscription basis, with fees charged monthly or annually based on usage.
13. Office 365/Email
Office 365 includes services such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, helping companies create and organize their data and documents easily. While this is a SaaS solution, it can be used as an offline program as well. Also, Office 365 offers a low-maintenance email system to improve the business’s communication internally and externally.
- Access files remotely
- Cloud storage
- Automatic upgrades
- Collaborative tools for sharing files with the rest of the staff
How does it help: Office 365 helps creating documents both online and offline and it offers a user-friendly email platform for easy communication inside the company.
Service type: Cloud-based software suite provided on a subscription basis.
Types of business: Suitable for businesses of all sizes that need a comprehensive productivity and communication solution.
Pricing: Subscription-based, often tiered pricing based on the number of users and features needed.
14. Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is one of the most popular IT services for business, with over 284,429 business clients. It’s a cloud computing platform that offers access, management, and development of applications and services through global data centers.
- Data Analytics
- Storage system
- Pay-as-you-go system which allows you to only pay for the features you use each month
- Easy integration with the IT system of a business
How does it help: Azure can substitute on-premise software with its SaaS solutions, and it adjusts to the needs of a company, making it an ideal IT service for a business’s development.
Service type: Cloud platform provided on a subscription or pay-as-you-go basis.
Types of business: Suitable for businesses of all sizes that are seeking to leverage cloud technology for digital transformation.
Pricing: Pay-as-you-go for resources used, or subscription pricing for specific services.
15. Data Analytics
Data Analytics services help businesses to make more informed decisions by analyzing raw data and delivering valuable insights. This process involves methods such as statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and machine learning to find patterns and trends in the data. This service is a part of a more global business intelligence service.
- Data collection and integration: services can collect data from various sources and integrate it for analysis.
- Advanced analytical tools: services provide tools for statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and more.
- Insight generation: based on data analysis, services generate actionable insights.
How it helps: Data Analytics services support informed decision-making by providing businesses with insights derived from their data.
Service type: Typically offered as a platform with a subscription model.
Types of business: Suitable for businesses of any size looking to leverage data for decision-making.
Pricing: Often offered on a subscription basis, with pricing depending on the level of analytical capabilities required.
16. Managed Network Services
Managed Network Services involve the outsourcing of network management tasks to a third party. The service provider is responsible for the administration, security, operation, and support of the network, freeing the business from the technical complexities of network management.
- Network administration: services handle all aspects of network administration, including setup, configuration, and maintenance.
- Network security: service providers implement security measures to protect the network from threats.
- Technical support: ongoing support to troubleshoot any network-related issues.
How it helps: Managed Network Services ensure optimal network performance and security, while freeing businesses from the intricacies of network management.
Service type: Outsourced service, typically provided for a monthly or annual fee.
Types of business: Ideal for businesses of all sizes, particularly those lacking in-house network expertise.
Pricing: Usually offered on a subscription basis, with fees charged monthly or annually.
IT Services for Your Business from SumatoSoft
If you need a technology partner with several services from this list, we, at SumatoSoft, can handle it.
SumatoSoft is a reliable IT service provider. We work with various services: software development, web development consulting, DevOps and system administration services (data backup, cybersecurity, monitoring, network management), staff augmentation, QA&testing, and more.
- Our Client’s satisfaction rate is 98%, thanks to our firm commitment to deadlines and their needs.
- We offer fair prices for both parties: you get a well-tested application with easily maintainable code and convenient CMS, we get enough resources to grow as professionals.
- 200 successful projects built in 27 countries for 11 business domains.
- We view our Client relationships as partnerships and align our growth with theirs. As our clients grow and evolve, we adapt our services to continue meeting their changing needs.
- 70% of our team is senior-level developers.
Get in touch with us for a free consultation. Let’s build a new product together!
Choosing the right IT Services for business will help your company reach its goals more efficiently, saving time and money and improving communication within the team. You can use IT services to increase the company’s data security, better manage your team’s tasks, and predict outcomes while taking fewer risks. Contact SumatoSoft for the support you need to find the right IT Services for your business and learn how to make the most of them.
If you have any questions, email us [email protected]